Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, July 1, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA, Controllers Agree on Rules to Combat Fatigue
Link to article in USA Today:
Link to news release from the Federal Aviation Administration:
2) Google and Virgin America Get Cozier with Airline App Development
Link to article on Tnooz:
3) Rival Lawsuits Over Louisiana's Crescent City Connection, Leeville Bridge Toll Tag Monitoring Systems Settled
Link to article in The Times-Picayune:
4) Expanded Surveillance Shields Great Barrier Reef
Link to AAP article:
5) UK Center for Excellence in ITS Opens
Link to article on TRL:
6) News from ERTICO
- Report on the 8th European ITS Congress
- Interview with European Commission Vice President Siim Kallas on 'Smart Mobility Challenge 2011'
7) Replay of Oracle Transportation Webinar – Integrating Project and Content Management for Transportation and Construction Works
Link to video:
8) iMobility Newsletter – June 2011
Link to newsletter from ERTICO:
9) Parking Tech Helping Big Cities Ease Congestion
Link to article and video in Government Technology:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
10) PR Firm in Charge of Selling California's $43 Billion High-Speed Rail Project Resigns
Link to article in the San Jose Mercury News:
11) A Look Behind the Scenes of Colorado's I-70 Signs
Link to article in the Summit Daily:
SAFETY / SECURITY
12) University of Michigan Working Toward Safer Drivers
Link to story on WXYZ-TV:
13) iOnRoad Wants You to Check Your Cellphone While Driving
Link to article in Fast Company:
14) America's One and Only Personal Rapid Transit System
Link to article in Governing:
15) Increasing Public Transport Use with Smart Campaigns
Link to blog from the American Society of Landscape Architects:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
16) Minnesota's 511 System, Traffic Cameras Turned Off for Government Shutdown
Link to article in the Chanhassen Villager:
17) Washington, DC's All-News WTOP Radio Designates Two Fulltime Traffic Tweeters
Link to story on Radio-Info.com:
- Management Analyst – Antelope Valley Transit Authority – Lancaster, California
- Supervisor of Vehicle Schedules – Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority – Boston, Massachusetts
6th International Visualization in Transportation Symposium – August 20-23 – Chicago
With the 55th anniversary of the US interstate highway system noted this week, here's what Fortune had to write about the new network in 1958.
Today in Transportation History
1961 **50th anniversary** Kalpana Chawla, an Indian-American astronaut, who died in the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster, was born in Karnal, India.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications LLC www.bwcommunications.net