Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, July 12, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Civil Aviation to be the New Focus of Indo-US High-Tech Collaboration
Link to article on Machinist:
2) Up in the Air, Plugged In to the Landscape Below
Link to column in The New York Times:
3) Bicycle Spoken Here: The State's Role in Safer Cycling
A comparison of DMV manuals from Oregon and Virginia shows different attitudes toward bicycle education.
Link to column on Richmond.com:
4) Geo-Immersion Makes Maps Come Alive with Real-Time Data
Link to article and video on Science Nation:
5) Microsoft Redesigns Bing Maps Interface
Link to blog on Mashable:
6) South Africa E-tolling Gets 'Intelligent' Support
Link to article on ITWeb:
7) Regional Freight Study: Communications
Workshop looks at the best ways to communicate results of regional freight study.
Link to further information from the Mid-America Freight Coalition:
GPS / NAVIGATION
8) We'd be Lost Without Them: Meet the Team Behind GPS
Link to article in The Telegraph:
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) Ford Backs Proposed Nationwide Ban on Handheld Phone Use While Driving
Link to article in the Detroit Free Press:
10) Transport for London to Accept NFC Payments from 2012
Link to article in Near Field Communications World:
11) How Do You Promote Transit to New Students?
Link to article in Metro:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
12) Kentucky Speedway Can Learn from Traffic Travails at Texas, Michigan
Link to article on SceneDaily.com:
13) California Officials Ready Command Center for Carmageddon
Link to article in the Los Angeles Daily News:
14) New Traffic Signals in Oklahoma City Could Improve Travel Time, Safety
Link to article in The Oklahoman:
15) Control Traffic, Reduce Accidents
Link to article in The Daily Star:
16) Legal Arrangements for Use and Control of Real-Time Data
Link to report from the Transportation Research Board:
17) Feds Rev Up Test of Connected Vehicles
Link to article on Inside Line:
18) US Army, Carmakers Push Ahead with Driverless Vehicle Research
Link to article in National Defense:
19) Michigan Auto Dealer First in US to Offer Groupon Deal
Link to article in Crain's Detroit Business:
- Request for Proposals – Advancing Livable Communities Through Sustainable Transportation – New York State DOT and New York State Energy Research and Development Authority
Emerging Issues in Safe and Sustainable Mobility for Older People – August 30-September 1 – Washington, DC
Today in Transportation History
1961 **50th anniversary** A Ceskoslovenske Aerolinie plane crashed in Morocco killing all 72 people aboard.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net