Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, July 27, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA Stats Show Fewer Pilots Break Airspace Rules
Link to AP article:
2) Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover; How Many Ways to Leave an Airport?
There's a little-tapped marketing opportunity for airports to help their passengers leave the airport more efficiently and conveniently.
Link to column in Airport Business:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) China Launches Ninth Satellite for Global Navigation System
Link to Xinhua article:
4) Waze Navigation App Updated with Text-to-Speech, Commuting Widget
Link to CNET's The Car Tech blog:
5) ERTICO Talks to Vladimir Kryuchkov, CEO ITS-Russia
Link to interview from ERTICO:
6) Why the Future of Transportation is All About Real-Time Data
Link to article on Mashable:
7) Sensor – Summer 2011
- Cars and Roads Share Info, Alert Drivers
- Can Fuel-Economy Displays Promote Safe, Fuel-Efficient Driving?
- Signs Use Solar Power to Make Rural Intersections Safer
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
8) Texas Transportation Institute Helps Texas DOT Ask Texans the Right Questions
Link to article in the Texas Transportation Researcher:
9) Hindhead Tunnel Opens in UK After Decades of Traffic Problems
High-tech employed to monitor traffic.
Link to BBC News story:
Link to further information from the Highways Agency:
SAFETY / SECURITY
10) Why Emergency Managers Should Use Social Media
Link to video in Emergency Management:
11) Exit of New York MTA Chief Leaves Tech Upgrades in Doubt
Link to article in the New York Post:
12) MBTA Riders Loco for Big Logo
Link to article in the Boston Herald:
13) 'Excuse Me – is that Your Bag?' Meet Alice Riley, DC Metro's Zen-Like Voice
Link to article and video on TBD.com:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
14) KC Scout Eases Traffic Flow
Link to commentary in The Examiner:
15) Predictive Traffic More than Good Enough
Link to blog from Strategy Analytics:
2011 Airport Public Safety & Security Fall Conference – August 29-September 1 – Arlington, Virginia
Today in Transportation History
1866 **145th anniversary** The first successful underwater telegraph cable was completed between Europe and North America.
1991 **20th anniversary** The Twin Cities & Western Railroad began operations.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net