Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, July 5, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
My primary goal for the TCN has been to be a consistent source of quality information about all aspects of communications in all modes of transportation. By doing that, I hope that in some small way I contribute to the improvement of transportation communications by letting readers around the world know what their colleagues are doing, new technologies that are developed and other information that can advance the art and science of transport communications. I hope I've been meeting your expectations.
I'd like to see what I can do to improve the TCN and the first step is to ask you for your suggestions. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know what you'd like to see in the TCN. What's missing? What would you like to see eliminated? Are there formatting changes you'd like to see? Any and all suggestions are welcome. I hope to do a survey soon, based in part on your comments. Thanks for your continued support and feedback.
1) The Paperless Cockpit
Link to article in The New York Times:
2) FAA Pushes Back Paperwork Deadline for Block Aircraft Registration Request Program
Link to article in Flight International:
3) Boeing Using 'Brand Journalism' to Turn Its Website Around
Link to article from Ragan.com:
4) Southwest Airlines and Social Media Strategy: Five Lessons for Marketers
Link to blog on Social Media Explorer:
5) High-Tech South African Cops to Target Traffic Offenders
Link to article on IOL News:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) Political Party Joins Montreal Newspaper's Efforts to Get Mercier Bridge Inspection Reports
Link to article in The Gazette:
7) Three Carpooling Apps to Cut Commuting Costs
Link to blog on CNET:
8) Utah DOT Hopes Trailblazers Will Help Ease Commute
Link to story and video on KSL-TV:
9) South Chicago Suburbs Feel Like They're on a Toll Road to Nowhere
Illinois Tollway policy bans blue hospitality signs promoting off-highway services.
Link to article in the Chicago Tribune:
SAFETY / SECURITY
10) Awareness of Potential of eSafety Systems on the Rise
Link to article from ERTICO:
11) First iPhone Flying on Last Shuttle Mission
Link to article from NASA:
Link to further information from Odyssey Space Research:
12) Tourism New Zealand in Major Online Overhaul
Link to article on Tnooz:
13) Toronto Transit Commission Wants to Charge for Text Messages
Link to article in the Toronto Star:
14) Caltrain to Use Cameras as Suicides Rise
Link to article in the San Francisco Chronicle:
15) Metro-North Considers Winter Strategy
Improved customer communications and quicker decisions on service cuts are two priorities for next winter.
Link to article in The Advocate:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
16) Roadwork Info Freer in Ontario than Quebec
Web simplicity; tight-lipped Quebec makes it tough.
Link to article in The Gazette:
17) Phone Data to Give a Picture of Traffic Shutdown in Los Angeles
Link to blog in The New York Times:
Link to news release from Waze and KABC-TV:
18) The Open-Source Car
Link to blog on ZDNet:
Talking Freight Seminar: Engaging the Private Sector – July 20
Today in Transportation History
1961 **50th anniversary** Israel launched its first rocket, Shavit 2.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net