Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, January 16, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Wi-Fi Use in the Air is Slow to Take Off
Link to article in USA Today:
2) Kansas City International Airport is an Exception to Cellphone Lot Trend at Airports
Link to article in The Kansas City Star:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) US Government Agency Concludes LightSquared Can't Work with GPS
Link to IDG News Service article:
4) 'Big Brother' Takes the Wheel
Link to article in the Financial Times:
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/32b5aae2-2bea-11e1-b194-00144feabdc0.html (free registration required)
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
5) Sofia, Bulgaria to Introduce Intelligent Traffic Management System at 20 Busy Crossroads
Link to Focus News Agency article:
6) UK Radio Supplier Trafficlink Becomes Inrix
Link to article on Radio Today:
7) Waste of Money: New Hampshire Highway Signs State Obvious
Link to editorial in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
8) The Future of Car Tech: Efficiency, Automation and Sharing
Link to article in The Atlantic:
Georgia Logistics Summit – February 8 – Atlanta
Today in Transportation History
1962 **50th anniversary** A US Air Force B-47E bomber crashed on Wright Peak in the Adirondack Mountains of New York. All four people aboard were killed.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net