Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, January 3, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
IBTTA: Delivering Real Solutions in 2012
The International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association's 2012 Education Series will offer major educational and networking events that can change the way you do business or promote new business in the tolling industry. Learn more by viewing IBTTA's 2012 Events Calendar. IBTTA will kick off its 2012 Education Series with the Transportation Summit of South Africa, March 11-13, 2012 in Cape Town, South Africa. Don't miss this exciting opportunity to attend the first ever IBTTA meeting in South Africa. Register Today!
1) Preliminary Report of the Interoperability Committee of IBTTA to US House Transportation Committee
Link to further information from the International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association:
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) Sprint Gives LightSquared More Time to Win Over FCC
Link to IDG News article:
3) NY Waterway Launches Smartphone Ticketing
Link to article in Crain's New York Business:
Link to additional information:
SAFETY / SECURITY
4) Rail Riders Would Get Safer Exits After Crashes Under Rule
Link to Bloomberg article:
Link to news release from the Federal Railroad Administration:
Link to notice in the Federal Register:
5) Toledo Area Regional Transit Authority Drivers Fare Well with Monitors
Drivers described as courteous but some fail to make stop announcements.
Link to article in The Blade:
6) Characteristics of Age-Friendly Bus Information
Link to article in the Journal of Public Transportation:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
7) SunGuide Disseminator – January 2012
Link to newsletter from Florida DOT:
8) Amish Sect's Buggies a Traffic Burden for Some Kentucky Residents
Group says religion prohibits them from displaying brightly-colored orange triangle.
Link to story on Fox News:
9) New Ford Fusion Will Warn Drivers Who Drift
Link to article in The New York Times:
10) Your Connected Vehicle is Arriving
Link to article in Technology Review:
- Engineering Manager Engineering – Niagara International Transportation Technology Coalition (NITTEC) – Buffalo, New York
Intertraffic Amsterdam 2012 – March 27-30 – Amsterdam
Today in Transportation History
1912 **100th anniversary** Robley D. Evans, a commander of the US Navy's Great White Fleet, died in Washington, DC.
1982 **30th anniversary** The current Abu Dhabi International Airport opened.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net