Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, January 19, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
Register for IBTTA’s Transportation Summit of South Africa
Register now for , March 11-13, 2012 in Cape Town, South Africa. This summit marks the first ever IBTTA meeting in Africa and kicks off our 2012 education series. This summit will focus on the South African experience in toll concessions, technological innovation, policy and finance. You’ll hear expert presentations and best practices, have an opportunity to tour the newly opened Gauteng Open Road Tolling Project (GFIP), attend networking events and meet with exhibitors offering solutions for your company’s business needs. View the , make your hotel and travel reservations, and register today!
1) The Top 10 Tech-Friendly US Airlines
Link to article in PCWorld:
2) Polis Publishes Paper on ITS and Urban Mobility
Link to article from ERTICO:
Link to paper:
3) Next-Generation Intelligent Transportation Systems and the 'Digital Divide'
Link to Terranautix blog:
4) New York City DOT Testing Sensors to Signal Open Parking Spaces
Link to article in the Daily News:
Link to additional information from New York City DOT:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) Storm Puts Chicago's New Snowplow Tracker to Test
Link to article in Government Technology:
Link to Plow Tracker:
6) Transportation Mashup: Re-thinking Public Engagement
Link to Talking Transportation blog:
7) UK County Says 16-Year Wait for Road Markings
Link to article in the Staffordshire Newsletter:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) Transportation Security Administration Adopts Coast Guard's Emergency Alert System
Link to article in Government Computer News:
9) Arizona Bill Would Ban Cellphone Use by Teen Drivers with Learner's Permits
Link to Capitol Media Services article:
10) Winter Edition of Safe Highway Matters
Link to newsletter:
11) New York City Taxi Receipts to Get Advertisements
Link to article on Transportation Nation:
12) Will Concept Cars Ignite the Telematics Market?
Link to article on Telematics Update:
13) South Shore Plans to Install Free Wi-Fi for Riders
Link to article in The Times:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
14) Delaware DOT Developing 511 System
Link to article in The News Journal:
15) Traffic Warning System Launched, Put to Test in Springfield, Missouri
Link to story on KYTV-TV:
16) Edmond, Oklahoma Gets $1.7 Million for Citywide Traffic and Communications System
Link to article on Know It Edmond:
17) Volvo's CEO Says Less is More in Infotainment
Link to article in automotiveIT International:
18) Santa Clara University Law School to Hold Conference on Self-Driving Cars Friday
Link to article in the San Jose Mercury News:
Link to news release from Santa Clara Law:
- Request for Information – VDOT Transportation Operations Center and Advanced Transportation Management Systems Services – Virginia Department of Transportation
2012 Mid-America Trucking Show – March 22-24 – Louisville, Kentucky
Today in Transportation History
1937 **75th anniversary** Howard Hughes set an aviation speed record flying from Los Angeles to Newark, New Jersey is 7 hours, 28 minutes and 25 seconds.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net