Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
IBTTA: Delivering Real Solutions in 2012
The International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association's 2012 Education Series will offer major educational and networking events that can change the way you do business or promote new business in the tolling industry. Learn more by viewing IBTTA's 2012 Events Calendar. IBTTA will kick off its 2012 Education Series with the Transportation Summit of South Africa, March 11-13, 2012 in Cape Town, South Africa. Don't miss this exciting opportunity to attend the first ever IBTTA meeting in South Africa. Register Today!
1) Three Teams Vie for FAA Air-to-Ground Data Communications Network
Link to article in Aviation Week:
2) Real-Time Ridesharing Program Designed to Ease Traffic at New Defense Department Facility
Link to article in the News & Messenger:
3) ENISA Calls for Increased Maritime Cybersecurity Guidance
Link to article on FierceGovernmentIT:
Link to news release from the European Network and Information Security Agency:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) Transportation Communication Pros Describe Barriers to Innovation
Link to Talking Transportation blog:
5) Mobile App Shows if Faster, Cheaper to Use Seattle's Tolled or Free Bridge
Link to blog on Transportation Issues Daily:
Link to further information on 520 or 90: http://520or90.com/
6) Edmonton Transit Uses Music Video to Invite Riders to Get on the 'Vibrant' Bus
Link to article in the Edmonton Journal:
Link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnfSpHtXtE0
7) Transit Fare Collection Moves Closer to Open, Mobile in 2012
Link to article on NFCNews:
8) New Lexus Sports Coupe Crosses Digital Divide
Link to article in The Wall Street Journal:
9) Up, Up and Away Into Ford's Cloud
Link to blog in The New York Times:
10) Mercedes-Benz's Telematics Tech, Naturally, is @yourCommand
Link to blog on CNET:
Link to news release from Mercedes-Benz:
11) Vehicle-to-Vehicle Tech: The Creation of Cars with Personalities
Link to interview with Andreas Mai of Cisco on Telematics Update:
News from CES
Talking Operations Webcast: Performance Management for Signal Systems – January 18
Today in Transportation History
1912 **100th anniversary** An aircraft took off from a British ship for the first time. Lt. Charles Rumney Samson flew off the specially-modified deck of the battleship HMS Africa.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net