Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, September 14, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) American Airlines' Director of Mobile Apps Talks Data, Simplicity and Elegant Design
Link to article in The Drum:
2) ACLU Files Suit Against Georgia Over KKK Adopt-A-Highway Denial
Link to story on WSB-TV:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/RPrf8
3) IBM Uses Social Sentiment to Study Traffic Jams in India
Link to blog in The Wall Street Journal:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/2fDcS
4) Articles from Vision Systems Design
- Smart Software Secures Transit Agency Surveillance Systems
- Machine Vision Moves Into Traffic: Part II
5) AERIS Fall/Winter 2012-13 Webinar Series Announcement
Link to further information from US DOT:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) Truth, Transparency and Transportation
Link to blog in Governing:
7) Future Rail – September 2012
Issue devoted to advanced tracking technologies.
Link to magazine:
8) Secrecy of MARTA GM Search Sparks Criticism
Link to article in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
9) MARTA Reminds Riders to Ride the Rails with Courtesy
Link to article in Progressive Railroading:
10) This is the Sexiest and Best TV Ad for Public Transportation Ever Made
Link to blog on TreeHugger:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) Intelligent Transport System on Way to Cyprus
Link to article in the Cyprus Mail:
12) Your Future Commute – Tech Helps You Get There
Link to stories on WCBS-AM Radio:
13) TRW Introduces an Electronic Horn
Link to article in Automotive News:
- Request for Proposals – Road Weather Information System Services – Michigan Department of Transportation
ITS Arizona Annual Conference – September 26-27 – Mesa, Arizona
Need a crosswalk in a hurry? Just hire these folks.
Today in Transportation History
1912 **100th anniversary** Work began on building the Trans-Australian Railway in Port Augusta.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net