Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, September 12, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
ITS America 2013 Annual Meeting– Sponsorship and Exhibitor Prospectus Available Now Online!
Join ITS America and ITS Tennessee for the 2013 Annual Meeting & Exposition at the Gaylord Opryland Convention Center in Nashville, TN from April 22-24. The Sponsorship and Exhibitor prospectus are available for download at the annual meeting website which will include all pertinent information about the annual meeting in one central location, including important dates for registration and program. The complete site build out of will be complete in Fall 2012.
Why Should You Attend?
This will mark the 23rd meeting of transportation technology professionals under the ITS America umbrella, uniting leaders in the industry from the public, private and academic sectors. The exchange of information across state lines, industry sectors, and among public agencies at these annual events has been invaluable to attendees, creating peer-to-peer networks around the display of current and future technology and learning from industry experts at dozens of technical and training sessions throughout the week. For more information contact: Brent Isenberg, Director of Marketing and Business Development, or .
1) FAA Criticized for Changing Flight Patterns at New York City Airports Without Public Notice
Link to article in the Daily News:
2) US DOT Inspector General to Review Airline Safety Program
Link to story on CNN:
3) Airport Wi-Fi and Mobile Services are Lacking
Link to commentary on CNN:
4) NextGen: FAA Faces Implementation Challenges
Link to report from the US Government Accountability Office:
5) Your Future Commute – New Tolls
Link to stories on WCBS-AM Radio:
GPS / NAVIGATION
6) Citywide Indoor Navigation is Closer Than You Think
Link to article on The Atlantic Cities:
7) electroindustry September Issue Devoted to ITS
Link to NEMA's electroindustry:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) 9/11 Commission Leaders Call for Emergency Communications Network
Link to article on Nextgov:
9) Q&A: Telematics Meets Tweddle
Link to interview on Telematics Update:
10) Train Arrival Signs Cause Problems for MARTA
Link to story on WGCL-TV:
11) CBS in Nasty Fight for Los Angeles MTA Advertising Contract
Link to article in the Los Angeles Times:
12) California Rocker Brings Voice to Public Transportation
Link to article in the Whittier Daily News:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
13) Carmageddon II on I-405 Means Discounts, Deals to Keep You Home
Link to article in the Daily Breeze:
14) The Responder – September 2012
Link to newsletter from the Traffic Incident Management Network:
15) Czech MEP Denies Tabling Traffic Noise Proposal 'Written by Porsche'
Link to article on EurActiv:
16) Explore the Unique Benefits of Fleet Management
Link to article in Field Technologies:
http://www.fieldtechnologiesonline.com/doc.mvc/explore-the-unique-benefits-of-fleet-management-0001 (registration required)
ITS California Annual Conference and Exhibition – September 23-25 – Sacramento, California
Today in Transportation History
1992 **20th anniversary** Space Shuttle Endeavour was launched for STS-47. The flight included a number of firsts; the first Japanese citizen to flight on a US spaceship, the first married couple in space and the first African-American woman in space.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net