Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, September 17, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
GPS / NAVIGATION
1) GPS Shoes Guide You Home with a Click of the Heels
Link to article on Mashable:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
2) Utah Transit Authority Won't Discuss Its Crime Data, Citing Records Dispute
Link to article in the Salt Lake Tribune:
3) Railinc, IT Provider to the Rail Industry, Rides a Growth Wave
Link to article in The News & Observer:
SAFETY / SECURITY
4) When Disaster is About to Strike, New York City Says It Can Get the Message Out
Link to story on WNYC Radio:
5) New York City's Disabled Can Now Call a Cab Without Wave or Whistle
Link to article on Transportation Nation:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
6) Arizona DOT Unveils $2.1 Million Upgrade to Traffic Operations Center
Link to story on KTVK-TV:
7) Thailand Introduces Mobile App for Traffic Report on Demand
Link to article in FutureGov:
8) New Center to Tackle Bangalore's Traffic Bottlenecks
Link to article in the Deccan Herald:
9) Indian Government to Use Fines for Better Traffic Management
Link to article on Firstpost:
10) Pune Traffic Police Set to Relaunch Traffic Updates Via SMS
Link to article in The Times of India:
11) Profile of Sydney Helicopter Traffic Reporter, Vic Lorusso
Link to article in The Sydney Morning Herald:
12) Cars as a Service? Mercedes-Benz Latest to Use Cloud to Flog Vehicles
Link to article in Network World:
Telematics Valley – October 9-10 – Gothenburg, Sweden
Today in Transportation History
1962 **50th anniversary** NASA introduced Astronaut Group 2. In this group of nine were Neil Armstrong, Frank Borman, James Lovell and Edward White.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net