Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, September 3, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
Bernie Wagenblast Voiceover Services
Need a voice for a project? Use someone who knows transportation and who's been a success in some of the toughest markets and environments. Every day tens of thousands of people hear me in a variety of places … the NYC subways, the AirTrain at JFK and Newark airports, on the phone greeting callers to the Port Authority of NY & NJ and promoting organizations such as IBTTA, Sensys Networks and NJ Transit. I'd welcome the opportunity to help your organization tell its story. Please check my website for more samples of my work and to contact me.
1) Singapore to Be Center of Excellence for Air Traffic Management
Link to article in Air Traffic Management:
2) What Do We Want? On-Board Internet! When Do We Want It? NOW!
Link to article on Tnooz:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) When GPS Confuses, You May Be to Blame
Link to article in The New York Times:
4) Intelligent Transportation Technologies Gain Ground in Abu Dhabi
Link to MENAFN article:
5) Egypt: Plans to Equip Traffic Police with iPads
Link to article from the Egypt State Information Service:
6) Report on ITS New Zealand Summit 2012
Link to article from ERTICO:
7) ERTICO's iMobility Newsletter – September 2012
Link to newsletter:
8) Jakarta's Slow Traffic to Get Fast Internet
Link to article in The Wall Street Journal:
9) Synchronizing Traffic in Bernalillo County, New Mexico to Go Very High-Tech
Link to article in the Albuquerque Journal:
10) Signs in Newfoundland and Labrador Still Have Time, Three Years After Plan to Abolish Them
Link to CBC News story:
SAFETY / SECURITY
11) New Automotive Technology Prevents Accidents Caused by Drowsiness During Driving
Link to article on Phys.Org:
12) The Future of Fleet Telematics – Part I
Link to article on Telematics Update:
13) Charlotte Area Transit System: No Alcohol Ads on Buses Yet
Link to article in The Charlotte Observer:
14) The Perils of Participation: The Effect of Participation Messages on Citizens' Policy Support
Link to article from the Journal of Public Transportation:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
15) West Virginia Public Service Commission to Look at 511 System
Link to article in the Charleston Daily Mail:
3) California Office of Traffic Safety Uses Social Media to Promote Crafted Drink Alternatives for Designated Drivers
Webinar: Adaptive Signal Control Initiatives and Validation Program - September 18
Today in Transportation History
1967 **45th anniversary** 'Högertrafikomläggningen' takes place in Sweden with traffic switching from driving on the left to driving on the right.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net