Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, September 11, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA Lets American Airlines Pilots Replace 35 Pounds of Paper with iPad Tablets
Link to article in The Dallas Morning News:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/vye2q
2) FedEx Becomes First US Airline to Launch NextGen Trial
Link to article in The Commercial Appeal:
3) Atlanta Mayor Fires Three 'Highly Effective' Airport PR Employees
Link to story on WXIA-TV:
4) NASA Uses Text Analytics to Bolster Aviation Safety
Link to article on SearchBusinessAnalytics:
5) Inflight – Autumn 2012
Link to magazine:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) Lawsuits Challenge Shielding of Louisiana DOTD Records
Link to AP article:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Los Angeles Metrolink Previews $200 Million Crash Prevention System
Link to article in the Los Angeles Times:
Link to video from Metrolink: http://youtu.be/GIsQuoFXwe4
8) Georgia Governor Forming Advisory Panel of Teen Drivers
Link to AP article:
9) Volvo, Apps and Fleet Telematics
Link to article on Telematics Update:
10) Sacramento Regional Transit Bus Tracker Goes Mobile
Link to article in the Sacramento Press:
11) Santa Monica, California Debates Content of Bus Ads – Agency Not Allowed to Advertise Nonprofits
Link to story on KPCC Radio:
5) Ford Names Date Idea Suggestion Service, Dates.fm, as Winner of Second Sync AppLink Developer Challenge
Managing Road Risk: Back to Basics – October 9 – London
Today in Transportation History
1972 **40th anniversary** Bay Area Rapid Transit, better known as BART, began passenger service.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net