Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, September 10, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
Hopefully, the TCN is something you look forward to each day, but I'm sure there are steps I can take to make the newsletter even more useful. The newsletter currently has over 7,600 subscribers but that's just a fraction of the people involved in transportation communications. If there were one thing I could add to the TCN to make it a must read for those involved in transportation communications, what would that be? Please send me your suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
1) Survey: Fliers Switching to Tablets from Laptops
Link to article in USA Today:
2) Perth Airport's New Technology Aims to Win Over Passengers
Link to article on WAtoday:
3) Boise Bicycle Bloggers Share the 'Spoke'-en Word
Link to article in the Idaho Statesman:
4) How Google Builds Its Maps – And What It Means for the Future of Everything
Link to article in The Atlantic:
5) IT Helps Passengers, Crew Navigate Gigantic Cruise Ship
Link to IDG News Service article:
6) Self-Service Kiosks Set to Help Tennessee Drivers
Link to article in The Commercial Appeal:
7) GetMeToMyFlight Aims for Multimodal Transport Search
Link to article on Tnooz:
8) GM Halts US Sale of Several 2013 Models to Fix OnStar Software Issues
Link to Reuters article:
9) Muni App Seeks to Improve Fleet, Crews
Link to article in the San Francisco Chronicle:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Transportation Management Center to Open in British Columbia
Link to story on CKWX Radio:
11) Mercedes Defeats Patent Challenge Over Drowsiness Detection
Link to Bloomberg article:
12) Google's Self-Driving Cars May Cost More Than a Ferrari
Link to article on Business Insider:
13) New Tech Incubator Focuses on Car-Based Apps
Link to article on ReadWriteWeb:
SAE 2012 Commercial Vehicle Engineering Congress – October 2-3 – Rosemont, Illinois
Today in Transportation History
1932 **80th anniversary** The Eighth Avenue Line, the first portion of the IND subway system in New York City, opened between Chambers and 207th streets.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net