Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, October 12, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA to Test Data-Communication Innovations with Federal Express, United and Delta Airlines
Link to article on Avionics Intelligence:
2) Articles from Airport World
- Special Report: Marketing & Communications
http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/0c6223e3#/0c6223e3/33 (continues through page 61)
- The Power of Communication
- Airports Must Become Tech Savvy or Get Left Behind
3) Pub Near Dulles Airport Lets Patrons Listen In as Air-Traffic Controllers Talk to Pilots
Link to article in The Washington Post:
4) Bike-Counter Installed at Seattle's Fremont Bridge
Link to article on seattlepi:
5) Washington State DOT Camera Spots More Than Just Traffic
Link to story on KOMO-TV:
GPS / NAVIGATION
6) Two Satellites Launched from French Guiana for Europe's Galileo Navigation System
Link to AP article:
7) GPS Apps That Fight Obsolescence
Link to article in The New York Times:
8) Some Pennsylvania DOT Centers Providing Wrong Information About State's Voter ID Law
Link to article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
9) FHWA Launches New Information-Sharing Initiative to Help Local Public Agencies Manage Their Federal-Aid Projects
Link to article in Public Roads:
10) Blue Scholars Team with Sound Transit on Train Safety Video
Link to blog in the Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce:
11) New Jersey Agri-Tourism Signing Program Ramping Up
Link to story on WKXW Radio:
12) Topeka Metro Offering More High-Tech Services
Link to article in The Capital-Journal:
13) How the Chicago Transit Authority Leverages Twitter, Social Media
Link to blog in Urgent Communications:
14) Nissan's New Safety Tech Knows When You Hit the Gas By Mistake
Link to article on The Car Connection:
National Business Aviation Association Annual Meeting & Convention – October 30-November 1 – Orlando
Perhaps this could revive the idea of drive-in movies.
Today in Transportation History
1962 **50th anniversary**
The Bridge of the Americas opened over the Panama Canal.
The Columbus Day Storm hit the North American west coast.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net