Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, October 9, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) US Airlines See No Call for Cell Service
Link to article from the Los Angeles Times:
2) Indian Airports Look at Accepting SMS Tickets
Link to article in The Times of India:
3) Maryland Woman Hopes Airport-Themed Cable TV Show Takes Off
Link to article on Bmore:
4) Could California DOT Cameras Help in Missing Persons Case?
Link to story on KION-TV:
GPS / NAVIGATION
5) A Friendly Wave is All You Need to Navigate This GPS Device
Link to article on Gizmondo:
6) Does eLearning Work in the Maritime Industry?
Link to blog on Maritime Professional:
7) Volpe, The National Transportation Systems Center
Link to Your Federal Government video:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
8) New York State DOT Denies Freedom of Information Request on Williamsville Toll Project
Link to story on WGRZ-TV:
9) Conference to Focus on Railroad Safety
Link to article in the Chicago Tribune:
10) Milwaukee County Launches Effort to Halt Wrong-Way Drivers on Freeways with Technology
Link to article in the Journal Sentinel:
11) Changes to Start Soon for SEPTA 'Smartcard' System
Link to article in The Philadelphia Inquirer:
12) Redesigned MetroCards Confusing Tourists and New Yorkers
Link to article on DNAinfo:
13) TriMet, DART to Debut Mobile Ticketing in 2013
Link to article in Metro:
14) New App Helps Saskatoon Transit Users
Link to article from The StarPhoenix:
15) Seattle Hip Hop Meets Public Transit and Transit Safety
Link to blog and video in Good:
ITS Texas Annual Meeting – October 24-26 – Dallas
Today in Transportation History
1962 **50th anniversary** The Chopin Express collided with a derailed train in Poland killing 34 people.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net