Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, October 30, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Can Wireless Connectivity Streamline Airport Congestion?
Link to article on TMCnet:
2) Virtual Worlds for Remote Tower Operation
Link to article in Air Traffic Management:
3) Alaska DOT&PF Trying to Get Thane Avalanche Cameras Installed for Winter
Link to article in the Juneau Empire:
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) US Navy Seeks Protections and Alternatives to GPS for Precise Ship and Weapons Time-Keeping
Link to article in Military & Aerospace Electronics:
5) Volpe News
Link to newsletter:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) Technology Helps Overcome Hurricane Sandy
Link to Talking Transportation blog:
7) Faulty Switch, Not Hackers, Led to Melbourne Traffic Chaos
Link to AAP article:
8) Report on Day Two of Telematics Munich 2012
Link to article on Telematics Update:
9) Ford CEO Says 'More Fixes to Come' on MyFord Touch
Link to Reuters article:
10) Privacy International Warns of Public Transit Card Hazards
Link to IDG News Service article:
11) Transit Meets a Hurricane
Link to article on Storify:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
12) Radars for Traffic Collection Data Being Installed at Strategic Locations in Gibraltar
Link to article in Vox:
13) Yes, Driverless Cars Know the Way to San Jose
Link to article in The New York Times:
IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference 2012 – November 14-16 – Seoul
Today in Transportation History
1972 **40th anniversary** Two Illinois Central Gulf commuter trains crashed in Chicago's worst train accident. Forty-five people died.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net