Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, October 3, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) What Do Airlines Really Know About Using Social Media in 2012?
Link to article on Tnooz:
2) The Forgotten Mapmaker: Nokia Has Better Maps Than Apple and Maybe Even Google
Link to article in The Atlantic:
3) Intelligent Transport Plan for Qatar 'In Its Final Stages'
Link to article in Gulf Times:
4) Trimble Completes TWM Acquisition
Link to article in Transport Topics:
5) Safe Highway Matters – Fall 2012
Link to newsletter:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) Michigan Governor: No Budget to Get Message Out on Bridge, Emergency Manager Proposals
Link to article in The Detroit News:
7) Amtrak's New Virtual Assistant Can Answer Your Questions Online … Sort of
Link to article on The Transit Wire:
8) Computer Problems Close Melbourne Tunnels Causing Traffic Chaos
Link to story on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation:
9) Scoring Coveted Brown Highway Signs Can Pay Off
Signs replace ineffectual GPS to guide tourists to North Carolina's Nantahala Gorge.
Link to article in the Smoky Mountain News:
SAFETY / SECURITY
10) Security Flaws Exposed at Washington, DC Airports via Online Posting
Link to article in Network World:
11) Nissan Previews Self-Driving Car
Link to IDG News Service article:
12) Presentations from the Connected Vehicle Safety Meeting in September Now Online
Link to presentations from US DOT's ITS Joint Program Office:
- Director of Electronic Toll Collection – MTA Bridges and Tunnels – New York, New York
- Call for Demos – IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference 2012
Webcast: FAA Speaker Discusses Unified Communications – October 16
Today in Transportation History
1962 **50th anniversary** Wally Schirra flew on Sigma 7, the fifth US manned space mission.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net