Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, February 4, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Future Airport – Issue 1 2013
Link to magazine:
2) Hard to Put Red-Light Violations Under a Lens
Link to column in The Wall Street Journal:
3) Turn Off the Red-Light … Cameras – Safer Intersections Are Within Reach
Link to blog from Strategy Analytics:
4) Traffic Technology Reaches Forsyth County, Georgia
Link to article in the Forsyth Herald:
5) European Urban ITS Expert Group Publishes Results
Link to documents and further information:
6) ERTICO's iMobility Network Newsletter
Link to newsletter:
7) New Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles' Website Will Feature Ads
Link to story on WWLP-TV:
8) Articles from VTT Impulse
- The Future of Sensor Networks (page 20)
- Heavy-Vehicle Traffic Turns Street Smart (page 42)
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
9) Oregon's Port of Coos Bay Loses Public Records Request Case
Link to article in The World:
10) Washington State Lawmakers to Reconsider Digital Billboards on State Highways
Link to article from The News Tribune:
11) Ride-Hailing Apps Offer New Way Around Town
Link to AP article:
12) European Telematics Provider Making Inroads into North America
Link to article in Fleet Owner:
13) New South Wales RailCorp Discriminates Against Blind, Court Finds
Link to article in The Sydney Morning Herald:
14) Is Pinterest the Next Big Social Network for Transit?
Link to article on The Transit Wire:
15) Manila Piloting Biometric Bus Driver Monitoring
Link to article on ThirdFactor:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
16) Delaware Secretary of Transportation Takes Reins at I-95 Corridor Coalition
Link to story on Transportation Radio:
17) Missouri Officials Say Goal of Advanced Traffic Management System is Greater Efficiency
Link to article in the Springfield News-Leader:
- Request for Applications – Multistate Corridor Operations and Management Program – Federal Highway Administration
Mid-America Trucking Show – March 21-23 – Louisville, Kentucky
Today in Transportation History
1913 **100th anniversary** Rosa Parks was born in Tuskegee, Alabama.
1993 **20th anniversary** The Los Angeles County MTA held its first board meeting.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net