Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, February 8, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
's Technological Innovation Enhances Passenger Experience Athens Airport
Link to article on Future Travel Experience:
futuretravelexperience.com/ 2013/02/athens-technological- innovation-enhances-passenger- experience
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) GPS Industry Poised to Launch New Association
Link to article on Inside GNSS:
3) 'News in Design' Segment Explores NYC DOT's Use of ITS to Solve Gridlock Problems
Link to article in the AASHTO Journal:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) Explaining Public Transit to the Public
Link to blog on Streetsblog:
5) New Technology Could Charge Drivers a Road Use Fee
Link to story on KING-TV:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) East Coast Blizzard Another Test for FCC's New Cellphone Alert System
Link to article on All Things D:
20130207/east-coast-blizzard- another-test-for-fccs-new- cell-phone-alert-system
7) Articles from Mass Transit – February 2013
- Digital Signage: Ads Seen on TV (page 24)
- Metro-North Doubles Ad Revenue with Digital Media in Grand Central Terminal (page 28)
- Social Media During a Mega Event (page 30)
8) Crowdsouring the Weather
Link to article in FCW:
1) Partnership Between StreetLight Data and AirSage Delivers Consumer Movement and Behavior Data to Brick-and-Mortar Enterprises
They wouldn't do that, would they?
thetwo-way/2013/02/05/ 171217398/parking-wars-in- israel-city-paints-car-into- handicap-spot-then-tows-it
APTA Fare Collection Workshop and TransITech Conference – March 18-20 –
Today in Transportation History
1993 **20th anniversary** General Motors sued NBC for a report on GM pickup trucks. The network settled the suit the next day admitting it rigged the crash.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net