Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, February 22, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA Re-evaluating Proposed Move of Air Traffic Monitoring from Abilene to Dallas-Fort Worth
Link to story on KTXS-TV:
2) Hillsborough, Hernando Officials Settle on New Name for Florida Airport
Link to article in the Tampa Bay Times:
3) Memo Blames Weekend Delays at Charlotte Airport on Air Traffic Controllers, 'Communications Breakdown'
Link to article in The Charlotte Observer:
4) How Southwest Airlines Wrangled Four Social Media Crises
Link to article on Ragan's PR Daily:
5) American Airlines Reaps Social Media Gains from Its Rebranding
Link to article on Tnooz:
6) Thailand Launches ITS Project
Link to article in FutureGov:
7) ITS Raises Safety Level
Link to Postmedia News article:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
8) 'Secret' Informal Car Defect Probes More Common
Link to article in USA Today:
9) UK Council Websites Fail on Planning, Housing and Transport
Link to article in The Guardian:
10) Social Media Tools in Practice: Arizona DOT
Link to Talking Transportation blog:
11) Traffic Signal Systems 2012
Link to Transportation Research Record:
SAFETY / SECURITY
12) TSA Apologizes for Attempting to Screen Toddler in Wheelchair
Agents told mother it was illegal to video-tape screening.
Link to story on CBS News:
13) San Francisco Muni Tunnels Still Have No Cell Service
Link to article in the San Francisco Chronicle:
14) Los Angeles Metro Board Considers Contract to Have Cellphone Equipment Installed in Red and Purple Line Station Areas
Link to The Source blog:
15) The Greatest Disruptive Force in the Automotive Industry
Tesla's Model S is also notable for its infotainment and embedded connectivity.
Link to blog from Strategy Analytics:
16) Spectrum Management: Further Consideration of Options to Improve Receiver Performance Needed
Link to report from the US Government Accountability Office:
- Project Manager – J.A. Watts, Inc. (JWI) – Chicago, Illinois or Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Resident Engineer – J.A. Watts, Inc. (JWI) – Chicago, Illinois or Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Office Coordinator – J.A. Watts, Inc. (JWI) – Chicago, Illinois
- Inventory Control Specialist – J.A. Watts, Inc. (JWI) – Chicago, Illinois
- Maintenance Logistics Lead – J.A. Watts, Inc. (JWI) – Chicago, Illinois
- Project Controls Specialist – J.A. Watts, Inc. (JWI) – Chicago, Illinois
I've seen some interesting things at bus stops, but nothing quite like this.
Using Automated Data Collection Systems to Improve Public Transport Performance: Applications at Transport for London – March 6 – Cambridge, Massachusetts & Webinar
Today in Transportation History
1943 **70th anniversary** The Royal Canadian Navy's HMCS Weyburn struck a mine near Gibraltar and sank. Twelve crew members died.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net