Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, February 15, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA Considers Putting NextGen Weather System in the Cloud
Link to article on Nextgov:
2) Articles from Future Travel Experience
- Frankfurt's New Interactive Kiosks Enhance Self-Service Check-In and Bag Drop
- Satisfying the Need for Free Airport Wi-Fi
3) New Zealand Ministry of Transport Considering Coroner's Call for High-Visibility Clothing to Be Made Compulsory for Cyclists
Link to article on road.cc:
4) Bike Maps That Give Riders the Info They Actually Need
Link to blog on The Atlantic Cities:
5) Thinking Aloud Podcast
Link to podcast from Thinking Highways:
6) Carnival Cruise Mishap Creates Public-Relations Mess
Link to article in The Wall Street Journal:
7) Articles from Commercial Carrier Journal – February 2013
- Technology is Changing the Way Fleets Engage Drivers to Improve Behavior (page 33)
- Fleet Management Apps (page 30)
8) Nevada Bill Would Ban Pedestrians Texting While Crossing Roads
Link to AP article:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
9) Talking Transportation Challenge: Do We Earn It or Buy It?
Link to Talking Transportation blog:
10) Utah's State Fleet Taps Technology to Collect Driving Data
Link to article in The Salt Lake Tribune:
11) Miscommunication Blamed for DC Metro Chaos
Link to article on Transportation Nation:
12) New App Lets You Know When and Where the Next Train is Due
Link to article in The Jersey Journal:
13) Moovit App Makes Public Transportation Easy and Fun
Link to blog on Green Prophet:
14) BMW's Monster of Tech Earns the Mantle of Most Connected Car
Link to review on CNET:
Sometimes commuting is like a day at the beach.
2013 International Highway Technology Summit – April 16-18 – Beijing
Today in Transportation History
1963 **50th anniversary** The Tandy Subway, a privately-owned subway line in Fort Worth, Texas, opened.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net