Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, April 12, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) The Smartphone App that 'Can Hijack Planes'
Link to article in The Daily Telegraph:
2) How Wireless Carriers Are Monetizing Your Movements
Link to article in the MIT Technology Review:
3) Google's Lesser-Known Travel Apps
Link to article in The Standard:
4) Sam Friedman's ParkMe App Finds You a Parking Spot
Link to article in Bloomberg Businessweek:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) New Law Ups Safeguards for Arizona Infrastructure Information
Link to article in The Arizona Republic:
6) Missouri Highway Patrol Releases Traffic Safety Video for Teens
Link to article in The Maneater:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Australian Roads Scholars to Launch New High-Tech Safety Study
Link to article in The Age:
8) We're All in This Together: National Work Zone Awareness Week 2013
Link to article in Focus:
9) Setting Telematics Data Standards Proving to Be a Challenge for Insurance Working Group
Link to article in Property Casualty 360:
10) Free Wi-Fi Available on California's Arcata and Mad River Transit Buses
Link to story on KIEM-TV:
11) Indian Transportation Tech Entrepreneur Provides Software for Transit Agencies
Link to article in the Lowell Sun:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
12) Traffic Information Signs in Stevenage, UK Still Not Live
Link to article in The Comet:
13) FCC Seeking Comments on Opening Up 5 GHz Band
Link to article in the AASHTO Journal:
Ever see a fire-breathing dragon bridge?
National Electronic Tolling Committee Industry Forum – May 22-23 - Brisbane
Today in Transportation History
1963 **50th anniversary** The Soviet submarine, K-33, collided with the Finnish merchant ship M/S Finnclipper. Both vessels were damaged but there were no reported injuries or deaths.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net