Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, April 19, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
GEWI To Exhibit New TIC Browser, Data Quality and Relation Features at ITS America
GEWI will be exhibiting many new features of its TIC3 software product designed to improve data quality, speed operator performance, and provide the same advanced features of the TIC Smart Client in HML5 compatible browsers using TIC Smart Client for Web Browsers. Mobile users may also enter traffic using TIC Smart Client for the iPad. All of these GEWI projects will be available for demonstration at ITS America.
Founded in 1992, GEWI is the world leader in software for the collection, storage, creation, monitoring and distribution of traffic related data. The TIC3 product is a result of 15 years of product development and all of the new features are a result of feedback from GEWI customers worldwide.
GEWI will exhibit in booth #206 at ITS America at the Gaylord Exhibition Center in Nashville, Tennessee April 22nd – 24th. For more information or to schedule a demonstration, contact email@example.com.
1) Planes on the Same Runway More Often, US DOT Inspector General Warns
Link to article in USA Today
2) US DOT Launches Geographic View of National ITS Deployment
Link to further information from ITS Joint Program Office:
3) Technology Helps Stressed Montclair State University Students Locate Parking
Link to article in The Record:
4) Parking Leaflets Move in Scotland Slated as 'Dangerous'
Link to article in The Courier:
5) South Korean Network Bans Psy Music Video for Traffic Cone Abuse
Link to article on The Hollywood Gossip:
6) NASA Launching Space Apps Hackathon this Weekend
Link to article on Space.com:
7) Google Maps Now Offers Transit Directions in Israel
Link to article in Haaretz:
8) E-Displays Coming to Bus Stops of Delhi Metro
Link to article in The Times of India:
9) Three Creative Ways to Visualize Urban Public Transportation
Link to blog in Fast Company:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) New Traffic Control Hub Opens in Scotland
Link to article in The Courier:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/5iZXT
11) Municipality of Koege in Denmark to Use Bluetooth System to Ease Traffic Flow
Link to article in Road Traffic Technology:
12) Oregon Robo-Car Bill Stalls as ODOT Moves Forward with 'Connected Car' Study
Link to article in The Oregonian:
1) ITS America’s 2013 Annual Meeting to Begin National Discussion on Next-Generation Transportation Solutions to Improve Infrastructure, Reduce Gridlock, Save Lives
You won't see this on Cake Boss, but it's every bit as creative as those baked masterpieces.
International Municipal Signal Association Annual Conference and School – July 16-23 – Scottsdale, Arizona
Today in Transportation History
1993 **20th anniversary** South Dakota governor George Mickelson, and seven others died when their plane crashed in Iowa.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net