Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) American Airlines Says Systems Fully Restored After Outage Left Flights Grounded Nationwide
Link to story on Fox News:
2) US Airlines to Tap Into Network Data
Link to article in Air Traffic Management:
3) Colorado Springs Grounds Airport Marketing Plan to Make Way for a Different Strategy
Link to article in The Colorado Springs Business Journal:
4) Preview News of ITS America Annual Meeting
Link to newsletter from ITS International:
5) Funding Issues May Force PORTS Program to Shut Down
Link to story on KYW Radio:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) Cumberland County, Pennsylvania OKs Policy Governing Media Access to Radio Dispatches
Link to article in The Patriot-News:
7) Talking Transportation Change Through Focus, Research and Creativity
Link to Talking Transportation blog:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) Boston Uses Tech to Communicate After Marathon Explosions
Link to article in Government Technology:
9) Electronic Billboards to Alert Minnesota Motorists to Tornado Warnings
Link to story on WCCO Radio:
10) Q&A: Minimizing the Distraction of Safety Alerts
Link to interview on Telematics Update:
11) Governor Wants Michigan to Approve Driverless Cars
Link to article in the Detroit Free Press:
12) Why Must Stereos Baffle Drivers?
Link to column in USA Today:
13) Vehicle Classification Using Mobile Sensors
Link to report from the University Transportation Research Center:
4) Illinois Tollway Construction Networking Event Attracts Over 100 Highway Construction Professionals
5) Aegis Mobility Survey Finds Companies Remain Concerned about Employee Use of Mobile Devices While Driving
6) Pennsylvania Departments of Transportation, Agriculture and State Police Partner with PA Farm Bureau to Encourage Rural Road Safety
Magnificent Roebling Bridges of New York City Photo Exhibit and Lecture – May 25 – Roebling, New Jersey
Today in Transportation History
1953 **60th anniversary** The Royal Yacht HMY Britannia was launched.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net