Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, April 22, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
GEWI To Exhibit New TIC Browser, Data Quality and Relation Features at ITS America
GEWI will be exhibiting many new features of its TIC3 software product designed to improve data quality, speed operator performance, and provide the same advanced features of the TIC Smart Client in HML5 compatible browsers using TIC Smart Client for Web Browsers. Mobile users may also enter traffic using TIC Smart Client for the iPad. All of these GEWI products will be available for demonstration at ITS America.
Founded in 1992, GEWI is the world leader in software for the collection, storage, creation, monitoring and distribution of traffic related data. The TIC3 product is a result of 15 years of product development and all of the new features are a result of feedback from GEWI customers worldwide.
GEWI will exhibit in booth #206 at ITS America at the Gaylord Exhibition Center in Nashville, Tennessee April 22nd – 24th. For more information or to schedule a demonstration, contact .
1) Mumbai Airport Stops Flight Announcement System to Cut Noise Pollution
Link to story on CNN/IBN:
2) Dubai Airports Website 'Hit by Cyber Attack'
Link to article in Arabian Business:
3) Social Media Fail at El Al as Open Skies Strike Grounds Services
Link to commentary on Tnooz:
4) Citizens Solve Bike Theft Crimes with Social Media
Link to story on KALW Radio:
5) No Mass Transit in Your City? Have a Fake Subway Map Instead
Link to blog in Scientific American:
GPS / NAVIGATION
6) Europe Agrees Way Forward on Satellite Navigation
Link to article in Air Traffic Management:
7) Daily News from ITS America Annual Meeting – Day 1
Link to newsletter from ITS International:
8) US DOT's ITS Joint Program Office Newsletter – April 2013
Link to newsletter:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
9) Birmingham, Alabama Airport Ordered to Release Information on Fatal Terminal Incident
Link to article in Aviation International News:
10) Bill Approving Bilingual Street Signs Advances in Louisiana
Link to article in The Advocate:
11) OnStar Receives Rare Accreditation as a Top Emergency Dispatch Center
Link to story on CBS News:
12) Telematics and Emerging Electric Vehicle Technology, Part II
Link to article on Telematics Update:
13) Progressive Insurance: Rate Suckers Change Up the UBI Message
Link to blog from Strategy Analytics:
14) iPhone App Tells You Where Albuquerque Bus Is
Link to article in the Albuquerque Journal:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
15) Ottawa Traffic Control Center Keeps Drivers Moving Through Storm
Link to article and video in the Ottawa Citizen:
16) Bangkok Traffic Police Using Technology to Help Commuters Plan Their Routes
Link to article from the National News Bureau of Thailand:
17) Profile of the Cebu City, Philippines Road Czar
Link to article in the Sun.Star:
18) Google's Driverless Car Puts California DMV in Unchartered Lane
Link to story on KNTV-TV:
6) Inrix Analytics Partner Program Expands Access to Breakthrough Transportation Planning, Operations and Performance Measurement Tool
- Call for Abstracts – New Urbanism and Smart Transport 2 Conference
Telematics Detroit – June 5-6 – Novi, Michigan
Today in Transportation History
1898 **115th anniversary** The US begins a naval blockade of Cuba as a prelude to the Spanish-American War.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net