Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, July 11, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) UK Aviation Minister Says Airports Set to Install Extra Charging Points
Link to article in The Daily Mail:
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
2) Transport for London Publishes City's First Pedestrian Safety Action Plan
Link to article in Fleet World:
3) US DOT Announces Alpha Release of the Systems Engineering Tool for Intelligent Transportation (SET-IT) Software
Link to further information:
4) eCards Put Louisiana's Marshes on GPS Screens
Link to article in The Times-Picayune:
5) South Carolina Welcome Centers to Get Makeover as Tourism Agency Takes Over
Link to article in The State:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) How Technology Could Help Prevent Kids' Deaths in Hot Cars
Link to story on CBS News:
7) Chicago Transit Authority Moves Closer to 4G Wireless Service in Subway
Link to article in The Transit Wire:
8) San Diego Taps Big Data to Optimize Transit
Link to article in InformationWeek:
This is only partially transportation-related, but I thought some of you might enjoy listening to a story NPR's All Things Considered did on me last week about one of my other projects.
T3 Webinar: ITS Architecture Use and Maintenance – July 30
Today in Transportation History
1914 **100th anniversary** The battleship USS Nevada was launched in Quincy Point, Massachusetts.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net