Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, July 9, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) The FAA is Deciding if Plane-Sharing Apps Are Legal
Link to article on TechCrunch:
2) Easyjet Pilots Bluetooth Beacons at Three European Airports
Link to article on NFC World+:
Link to news release
3) Air New Zealand Pulls Safety Video Featuring Swimsuit Models
Link to article on news.com.au:
4) Understanding the Value of Social Media at Airports for Customer Engagement
Link to document from the Transportation Research Board:
5) EU Decides to Pool Maritime Surveillance Sources
Link to article in Maritime Reporter:
6) US DOT CIO on Cyber, Shared Services and 'Technology that is Changing Constantly'
Link to article in FCW:
7) Indiana Cop's 'OINK' License Plate Spurs Battle Over Free Speech
Link to article in The Washington Post:
8) Bosch Develops Traffic Sign-Reading App
Link to article on just-auto:
Link to news release (in German)
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
9) Oregon Fire Marshal Delays Posting Oil Train Reports Online, Has No Timetable
Link to article in The Oregonian:
10) Sensors, Wireless Tech Help States Monitor Troubled Bridges
Link to article in Government Technology:
11) Viral Video Convinces British Columbia Government to Raise Speed Limits
Link to article on Jalopnik:
SAFETY / SECURITY
12) Identifying Traffic Safety Practices and Needs of Local Transportation and Law Enforcement Agencies
Link to article in the Journal of the Transportation Research Forum:
13) TSA's Electronics Checks Coming to US Airports Soon
Link to Bloomberg article:
14) TSA Policy Change Could Compound Security Concerns for Journalists in Transit
Link to blog from the Committee to Protect Journalists:
15) Voices of Public Transit Systems
Link to Not Of It blog:
Metro Atlanta TIME Task Force Annual Conference – September 29-30 – Young Harris, Georgia
Today in Transportation History
1904 **110th anniversary** The Peterborough Lift Lock, the highest hydraulic boat lifts in the world, opened in Ontario, Canada.
1964 **50th anniversary** President Lyndon Johnson signed the Urban Mass Transportation Act.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net