Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, July 18, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
Register today for a free online CTS Certification Training
July 23rd, 2014 - Display Interfaces: The Next Wave (10am PT/1pm ET)
Register today at: http://me-vis.com/display-wall-webinar-registration-form/
Brought to you by: Mitsubishi Electric, the worldwide leader in mission critical and extended use display wall solutions
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
1) Google Maps for Mobile Now Helps Bikers Avoid Steep Hills
Link to article on Engadget:
2) Faulty Chicago Red-Light Cameras Produced Thousands of Bogus Traffic Tickets
Link to article on Ars Technica:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) Senate Spending Bill Directs US Air Force to Develop Alternative GPS Payload
Link to article on SpaceNews:
4) Survey Marker Has Been on the Job for 80 Years
Link to column in the Tallahassee Democrat:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) New York State Thruway Authority Refusing to Release Records
Link to story on WIVB-TV:
6) Maryland Transit Administration to Offer Tracking of Buses via Smartphone
Link to article in The Baltimore Sun:
Link to news release
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
7) Roads in Newcastle, UK to Get Smart
Link to article in the Evening Chronicle:
8) Volkswagen Sets Sights on Apple-Like Updates with New Speed Team
Link to Bloomberg article:
9) Technology Will Heavily Influence Vehicle Choice by Fleet Industry
Link to article in Fleet News:
10) Consumers Appear Uncertain About Connected Cars
Link to article in The New York Times:
11) The Connected Car Takes Its Place
Link to article in Radio World:
2) Clear Channel Outdoor Demonstrates Real-Time Photo-Sharing, Digital Media Technologies at Boston South Station
I've heard of wanting to keep parking spaces fluid, but this may be going too far.
- Call for Applications – Select Members of Platform for Deployment of C-ITS in the EU – European Commission
US DOT ITS Transit Workshop – August 26 – Branson, Missouri
Today in Transportation History
1904 **110th anniversary** The Rahway Valley Railroad was chartered to run between New Orange (Kenilworth) and Summit, New Jersey.
1914 **100th anniversary** The Aviation Section, Signal Corps was created within the US Army.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net