Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, July 25, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Eurocontrol's Role in Managing the Aviation Network
Link to article in Airport Industry Review:
2) Gatwick Airport Embraces Cloud Power
Link to article on airport-technology:
3) 22 States Represented at Transportation Advocacy Workshop
Link to article in Better Roads:
4) Nancy Bailey, Longtime Editor at Transport Topics, Dies at 68
Link to article in Transport Topics:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) Norfolk Southern Sues Maryland to Block Disclosure of Crude Oil Shipments
Link to McClatchy News article:
6) North Carolina DOT Admits Communication Mistakes on Bridge Project
Link to story on WGHP-TV:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Is the Future of 911 a Nationwide Connected System?
Link to article in Emergency Management:
8) Usage-Based Insurance: An Invisible Market
Link to blog from Strategy Analytics:
9) 'Sesame Rings' Allow You to Pay MBTA Fares with a Fist-Bump
Link to article in Boston:
10) Contactless Payments Due for London Tube Network
Link to story on BBC News:
11) Can Technology Help New York City's Subways Handle Increasing Ridership?
Link to article in City & State:
12) Where Technology, Safety and Savings Interact in the Trucking Industry
Link to article in FleetOwner:
The humble rest area documented by photographer.
Connected Vehicle Reference Implementation Architecture Workshop – August 20-21 – San Francisco
Today in Transportation History
1609 **405th anniversary** The Sea Venture was deliberately driven ashore on a reef off Bermuda. The 150 people aboard founded a colony on the island.
1984 **30th anniversary** The USSR's Svetlana Savitskaya became the first woman to do a space walk.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net