Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, July 1, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
IBTTA Summit on AET, Managed Lanes & Interoperability Four Weeks Away!
Make plans to join IBTTA in San Diego for the Summit on All-Electronic Tolling, Managed Lanes & Interoperability, July 20-22, 2014. Nearly 400 people have already registered for this event that will focus on questions such as how we can improve our customer¹s experience while on a toll facility, how the never ending flood of technology offerings actually help our customers and how improvements in operations and business rules enhance our customers acceptance of tolling. Listen to our keynote speaker, Joseph Kopser, the CEO of RideScout, as he describes how this new app was built to address the transportation and mobility needs of our customers. View the updated program and register today at www.ibtta.org/sandiego.
1) FAA Will Miss Deadline to Integrate Drones in US Skies, Report Says
Link to article in The Washington Post:
2) KLM Angers Mexico Soccer Fans with Tweet
Link to AP article:
Link to news release
3) Uber Partners with Helicopter Company for Flights Between New York City and Hamptons
Link to article in the New York Post:
4) What Airports and Flying Will Be Like in 2024
Link to article in The Boston Globe:
GPS / NAVIGATION
5) Europe Weighs Mandate of Galileo Chips in Mobile Phones
Link to article in GPS World:
6) App Helps Drivers Fight Traffic, Parking Tickets
Link to story on WTOP Radio:
7) Nebraska Officials Mum on Potentially Dangerous Oil-Train Shipments
Link to article from Nebraska Watchdog:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) Iowa Officials Launch Traffic Safety Initiative
Link to article in the Mason City Gazette:
9) Tracking System for Bangalore Buses to Launch October 31
Link to article in The Hindu:
10) Audio Tour of Art on Twin Cities’ Green Line
Link to article in Finance & Commerce:
- Applications - 2014 State Chapters Awards Program - ITS America
- Call for Proposals - Sesar Deployment Framework Partnership - European Commission
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net