Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, August 2, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
Register Today for IBTTA’s 79th Annual Meeting & Exhibition: Making the Difference ― September 11-14, 2011 in Berlin, Germany
Join IBTTA in Berlin for what promises to be the year's largest gathering of toll industry professionals. With presentations from more than 90 industry experts, representing 25 countries around the world, the IBTTA Annual Meeting offers a unique learning and business opportunity! An outstanding technical program with tracks on interoperability, tolling infrastructure around the world, communications, and environment/social responsibility – make your plans today! Visit www.IBTTA.org/BERLIN to view the preliminary brochure, register, and learn about sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities.
1) FAA Funding Bill Stalls Until After Recess
Link to Bloomberg article:
2) Virgin Atlantic Researches Language of Lighting for A330
Link to article in Aircraft Interiors International:
3) Texas Study: Red-Light Cameras Reduce Crashes
Link to story and audio on KUFH Radio:
Link to news release from the Texas Transportation Institute:
4) North Carolina DOT Employees Bring Rush-Hour Chase Live to TV
Link to story and video on WRAL-TV:
5) Wyoming DOT Installs Web Camera to Monitor WYO 130 Washout Repairs
Link to story on KOWB Radio:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) Chinese Newspapers Defy Ban on Negative Coverage of Train Crash
Link to article in The Irish Times:
Link to coverage in the Economic Observer:
7) Vendor Shuts Tallahassee, Florida Out of Information Related to Red-Light Cameras
Link to article in Florida Today:
8) Dutch Journalist Faces Charges Over Transit Card Flaw Reports
Link to CNET News column:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Technology Helps Traffic Move Smoothly in Lincoln, Nebraska
Link to article in the Lincoln Journal Star:
10) Real-Time Virtual World Modeling for Transportation Systems
Link to Terranautix blog:
11) The Traffic Problems that Will Disappear When Vehicles Can Talk to Each Other
Link to article in Fast Company:
12) Electronic Watchdog Nabs Parking Lot Door-Dingers
Link to blog in Wired:
13) Recording of ITS America Webinar: Connected Vehicle Technology Scan: Computer Vision
Link to presentation:
- Transportation Supervisor – LYNX – Orlando, Florida
- Field Supervisor – Orange County Transportation Authority – Orange, California
- Request for Comments – Revisions to MUTCD – Federal Highway Administration
TRB Webinar: Railroad-DOT Institutional Mitigation Strategies – August 31
Today in Transportation History
1936 **75th anniversary** Louis Blériot, a French aviator, inventor and the first person to fly an airplane across the English Channel, died in Paris.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net