Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, August 26, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Eurocontrol Presents New Rules to Improve Aircraft Identification and Surveillance Performance and Interoperability
Link to article on Euroalert.net:
2) California Bill Would Ban Cellphone Use While Bicycling
Link to article in USA Today:
3) Honolulu Police Want to Add Cameras for APEC Summit
Department also wants to use existing cameras to monitor traffic and threats.
Link to story and video on KITV-TV:
4) China ITS Holdings Buys Siemens' Logistics Technology
Link to article in the Financial Times:
5) To Improve Traffic Safety, New I-595 Rest Stop in Florida Being Enhanced
One addition is fiber optics to provide live traffic video.
Link to article and video in the Sun Sentinel:
6) Pennsylvania DOT Explains New '+' Markings on Roadways
Link to article on Upper St. Clair Patch:
7) London Underground in £1 Billion Ad Dispute
Link to article in the Guardian:
8) BART Board Wants to Study Video Advertising in Stations
Link to article in the Contra Costa Times:
9) Ann Arbor Transportation Authority OKs Implementation of New Website
Link to article in The Ann Arbor Chronicle:
10) News from ULTra PRT – August 2011
Link to newsletter:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) Quebec Pledges Millions to Ease Traffic Woes
Steps include improved web information and dedicated traffic radio stations.
Link to story from CBC News:
12) Florida DOT Posting Electronic Signs in Cape Coral
Link to story and video on WZVN-TV:
13) San Diego Call Box Agency Loses Out on Futuristic Grant
Funds would have been used to test high-tech car-to-car communication.
Link to article in The San Diego Union-Tribune:
- Public Consultation – Towards a European Multimodal Journey Planner – European Commission
Intertraffic India – October 3-5 – New Delhi
Creative bus shelter ads.
Today in Transportation History
1911 **100th anniversary**
Andre Jaeger-Schmidt arrived in France to set a new world record for round-the-world travel of forty days.
The Argentine battleship ARA Rivadavia was launched and christened.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net