Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, August 10, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
Sensys Networks sets the new warranty standard for traffic detection products
Sensys Networks announces the industry’s first five-year hardware warranty for advanced traffic detection products. The warranty program applies to all new shipments to our North American, Australasia, and European customers, and provides exceptional value for transportation agencies facing cuts to operations and maintenance budgets.
“Based on our strong history of component performance, Sensys Networks is pleased to introduce the industry’s first standard five-year warranty program for advanced detection systems,” says Dr. Amine Haoui, CEO. “Further confirming Sensys Networks’ commitment to providing our customers with the most dependable and cost-effective detection solutions on the market.”
For more information, click here.
1) Denver International Airport Using New Equipment for Airspace Makeover
Link to AP article:
2) Indianapolis Airport Ditches Art in Favor of Ads
Link to story and video on WISH-TV:
3) Track Safety Data and Tail Numbers to Uncover Fresh Airline Stories
Link to article from the Reynolds Center for Business Journalism:
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) Beating the Satnav: The Dangerous Game with Seven Million Players in UK
Link to article in The Independent:
Link to news release from Sainsbury's Finance:
5) Intelligent Transportation Employment to Expand, ITS America Says
Link to Bloomberg article:
Link to further information from ITS America:
6) Name-Change Hassle Turns Newlywed Into Entrepreneur
Service helps brides change their names with state motor vehicle and other agencies.
Link to Reuters article:
Link to MissNowMrs.com: http://www.missnowmrs.com/
7) SunGuide Disseminator – August 2011
Link to newsletter from Florida DOT:
8) Colorado DOT Tries to Modify Animal Migration Route
Animal-triggered warning lights alert drivers.
Link to story and video on KMGH-TV:
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) Bendix: FMCSA Strategic Plan Needs Greater Emphasis on Safety Technologies
Link to article in The Trucker:
Link to news release from Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems:
10) BART Data-Device Failure Shows Deep System Flaws
Link to article in the San Francisco Chronicle:
11) Boulder, Colorado Supports Employee 'Clock-Ins' on RTD Buses
Hope to land federal grant to supply free Wi-Fi for buses.
Link to article in the Daily Camera:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
12) Live Journey-Time Updates for M8 Motorway Drivers
Link to BBC News story:
Link to news release from Transport Scotland:
13) Car Dealers Turn Toward Social Media
Link to article and video in USA Today:
14) The Open and Mobile Platform for Small and Medium Enterprise
Presentation by Ford Motor Company on strategies for providing adaptable end-to-end fleet solutions.
Link to presentation from Telematics Update:
15) Bad Weather a Boon for Private Forecasters
Link to Reuters article:
2011 Virginia Hazardous Materials Conference and Expo – October 17-21 – Hampton, Virginia
Today in Transportation History
1966 **45th anniversary** The Heron Road Bridge in Ottawa collapsed while under construction. Nine construction workers were killed.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net