Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, August 24, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Proposed Positive Train Control Rule Change Would Save $340 Million
Link to article in RailwayAge:
2) US DOT Awards California Tribe $1 Million for Visitors Center
Link to AP article:
3) Metro-North Plans Communications Training for Conductors During Service Problems
Link to article in the Connecticut Post:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
4) New York City’s High-Tech Traffic System Deals with Congestion in Real-Time
Link to article in The Globe and Mail:
5) Singapore’s System Keeps Traffic Moving
Link to editorial in USA Today:
Link to opposing view:
6) Making Cars Predict Where We’re Going
Link to article in Wired:
Trafic 2011 International Road Safety and Equipment Exhibition – September 27-30 - Madrid
Today in Transportation History
1911 **100th anniversary** 'Lofty' England, the former chairman and chief executive of Jaguar Cars, was born in Finchley, England.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net