Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, August 23, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
Countdown to IBTTA’s 79th Annual Meeting & Exhibition, Sept 11-14 in Berlin, Germany ― Hotel Reservation Rate Extended to August 25th
Join IBTTA in Berlin, Germany, September 11-14, for the year's largest international gathering of toll industry professionals. With delegates from 130 companies from more than 30 countries around the world, the IBTTA Annual Meeting offers a unique learning and business opportunity! This meeting features an outstanding program with tracks on interoperability, tolling infrastructure around the world, communications, and environment/social responsibility; interactive exhibits; valuable networking opportunities; technical tours and special events – make your plans today! Sign up now and get a $100 early bird discount, available now through August 26. Visit www.IBTTA.org/BERLIN to view the preliminary brochure, register, and learn about sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities. See you in Berlin!
1) FAA Center Works to Keep Your Flight On Time, or Close
Link to McClatchy Newspapers article:
2) The Market for Live Traffic Video for Applications Used by Commuters, Media, Public Safety Agencies …
An interview with Larry Nelson, founder and CEO of TrafficLand.
Link to interview on TheWhereBusiness.com:
3) Geo-immersion Makes Maps Come Alive
Maps can provide real-time traffic information and ‘fastest route' suggestions using geo-immersion.
Link to Mother Nature Network article:
SAFETY / SECURITY
4) Missouri DOT Unveils New App that Calculates Blood Alcohol Level
Link to story on Missourinet:
Link to news release from MoDOT:
5) Washington State Traffic Safety Commission Website Leaks Information on Upcoming DUI Patrols
Link to article in The News Tribune:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
6) Georgia DOT Traffic Management Contract Canceled, Re-bid Over Conflict of Interest
Link to story and video on WSB-TV:
7) Metro Vancouver Transit Users to Get Smartphone Tools
Link to article in The Vancouver Sun:
8) Jakarta Launches ITS to Control Traffic Congestion
Link to article on BeritaJakarta.com:
9) Feds to Begin Testing Connected Vehicles
Link to article in Wired:
10) In-Vehicle Internet Radio Set to Explode: IHS
Link to article in TWICE:
Link to news release from iSuppli:
Webinar: Hardened Networking for Intelligent Traffic Systems – September 27
Today in Transportation History
1961 **50th anniversary** Ranger 1 was launched.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net