Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, November 14, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
Did You Know?
The TCN provides a number of free services you can use. These include job openings, solicitation notices and listings of upcoming events. To keep the listings meaningful for the readership of the TCN the notices should be related to operations or communications. Please send your information to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) FAA to Charge Companies for Online Charts, No Access for Individuals
Link to article from Aviation Consumer:
2) Woman Behind the Voice at 200 Airports
Link to story from CBS News:
3) Technology Takes Over for Iconic Toronto Transit Voice
Link to article in the Toronto Star:
4) Ideas Solicited from Public via Website on Future of Detroit's Michigan Central Station
Link to article in the Detroit Free Press:
Link to Talk to the Station: http://talktothestation.com/
5) To Solve Society's Ills, the City as a Computing Platform
Link to article on SmartPlanet:
6) High-Tech Sensors and Communication Guard Against Derailments
Link to article in the Omaha World-Herald:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) To Defend Against Terrorism, TSA Employees Trade Airport for Classroom
Link to article in The Star-Ledger:
8) Telematicus: Delivering Data that Drivers Want
Link to article on Telematics Update:
9) TelNav's New Auto Platform Unites Cloud, Phone and Car
Link to blog in Car and Driver:
10) Survey of New South Wales Transit Users Shows Desire for Improved Real-Time Bus Info
Link to article in The Sydney Morning Herald:
Link to survey from the NSW Bureau of Transport Statistics:
11) New York MTA Service a Snap with Smartphone Apps
Link to story on NY1:
12) Operations Transparency to Solve Public Transportation Challenges
Link to article in Mass Transit:
13) Use and Deployment of Mobile Device Technology for Real-Time Transit Information
Link to report from the Transportation Research Board:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
14) M5 Crash: No Weather Warning on Signs
Link to BBC News story:
15) Government Rules Hit SMS Traffic Alerts in India
Link to article in the Deccan Chronicle:
16) Los Angeles Metro Will Use Grant to Improve 511 Service for Veterans
Link to City News Service article:
Link to news release from the Los Angeles MTA:
17) In-Time Package Allows European Cities and Traveler Information Service Providers to Set Up Real-Time Information
Link to article from ERTICO:
18) Reial Automòbil Club de Catalunya Launches Free Traffic and Travel Information App
Link to article from ERTICO:
19) Alliance Formed to Advance Ethernet for In-Car Connectivity
Link to article in automotiveIT:
Cygnus Aviation Expo – March 7-9 – Las Vegas
Today in Transportation History
1941 **70th anniversary** The British aircraft carrier Ark Royal was sunk after being torpedoed in the Mediterranean near Gibraltar.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net