Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, November 2, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) iPad Update May Cause iHeadaches for Some Pilots
Link to article in Wired:
2) Tracking Planes as They Fly – An Aviation Enthusiast's Best Friend
Link to blog on AirlineReporter.com:
3) The 'Prius of Bicycles' Switches Gears by Reading Your Mind
Link to article in The Christian Science Monitor:
4) Bicycle Wayfinding Signs Coming to Los Angeles
Link to LADOT Bike Blog:
5) South Carolina Traffic-Camera Commission Never Meets, Fails to Report Findings
Link to article in The Beaufort Gazette:
6) Ontario Ministry of Transportation Pulled Plug on Traffic Cameras as Truck Chase Ended
Link to commentary in the Toronto Sun:
7) Intelligent Transportation Systems
Link to editorial digest from Vision Systems Design:
http://www.vision-systems.com/editorial-digests/2011/07/vsdeditorial.html (free registration required)
8) German Transport Minister Combats Road Rage with 'Adagio in the Automobile'
Link to AP article:
Link to article in Frankfurter Allgemeine:
9) Montgomery County, Maryland's Ride On Piloting Real-Time Bus Tracking
Link to blog on Greater Greater Washington:
- Call for Papers and Presentation Abstracts – ITS America's 22nd Annual Meeting & Exposition
M-Enabling Summit Conference and Showcase – December 5-6 – Washington, DC
Today in Transportation History
1951 **60th anniversary** Six thousand British troops are flown to Egypt's Suez Canal Zone. Strikes by workers mean ships cannot unload and must pass through the canal fully loaded.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net