Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, November 9, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
November TCN Fund-Raising Drive
Twice a year, I hold a month-long fund-raising effort to support the TCN. Near the bottom of the newsletter you'll find information on how you can contribute. In addition to monetary gifts, there are other ways you can support the TCN. These include buying ad space in the TCN, utilizing my transportation voiceover services or simply letting others in the field know about the TCN so they too can subscribe. Throughout November I'll provide more details on how you can support the TCN. Thank you!
1) Canadian Government Aviation History Website Now Advertising Prostitutes
Link to article in the National Post:
2) Royston, UK Completes Installation of License Plate Recognition Cameras on All Roads In and Out of Town
Link to article in the Royston Evening News:
3) Real-Time Data Enables Amazing Boston Bus Art
Link to blog on Greater Greater Washington:
4) SunGuide Disseminator – November 2011
Link to newsletter from Florida DOT:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) First Nationwide Emergency Alert System Test in US Hits a Few Glitches
Link to story on CNN:
6) Probe After 'Total Communications and Systems Failure' on London Tube Line
Link to PA article:
Link to news release from the Rail Maritime and Transport union:
7) Smartphone Videos Catching Transit Workers Often in Ottawa
Link to story on CTV:
8) New York MTA Changes Announcements Telling Straphangers to be Patient
Link to article in the New York Post:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Commutes Get Worse, Coverage Gets Better
TV stations are developing new ways to track traffic in real-time and to deliver it in various ways.
Link to article on TVNewsCheck:
10) Seattle Mayor Unveils New Snow Response Website
Link to article on seattlepi:
Link to site: http://web1.seattle.gov/sdot/winterweathermap/
11) Judge: Florida Law Does Not Prohibit a Driver from Flashing Headlights
Link to article in the Orlando Sentinel:
Checks or money orders may be mailed to:
1 Aberdeen Court
Cranford, NJ USA 07016-2911
You may also donate online with a credit card via PayPal at:
Gulf Traffic – December 12-14 – Dubai
Today in Transportation History
1961 **50th anniversary** Neil Armstrong set a speed record of Mach 6.04 flying an X-15 rocket plane.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net