Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, November 15, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) United Pilots Say Poor Training is Safety Issue
Link to AP article:
2) Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Rolls Out Touch-Screen Maps, App to Help Travelers Navigate Airport
Link to article in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram:
Link to news release:
3) Port Columbus International Airport Adds Giant Video Wall
Link to article in Airport Improvement Magazine:
4) Delta Turns to Facebook to Help It Save Face
Link to article in the Star Tribune:
Delta Air Lines Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/delta
5) Calgary to Test System Which Tickets Loud Vehicles
Link to article in the Calgary Herald:
Link to further information about the Noise Snare: http://www.snrsystems.com/products.htm
6) Travel Businesses Pledge to Spend More on Social Media and Mobile in 2012
Link to article on Tnooz:
Link to report from Frommer's Unlimited Research Center:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
7) Brisbane Council Launches Campaign to Get People Back on Buses and Trains
Link to article in The Courier-Mail:
Link to story on 612 ABC Brisbane: http://www.abc.net.au/brisbane/programs/612_afternoons/
8) Communications – Amtrak's Strengths and Weaknesses
Link to blog on Railroad.net:
9) Hampton Roads, Virginia Authorities Struggle to Stop Traffic-Signal Trippers
Link to story on WVEC-TV:
10) Nevada Governor Calls $280,000 for Transportation Ombudsman 'a Lot of Money to Pay One Man'
Link to article in the Las Vegas Sun:
11) GPS Road Pricing, Mobile Apps to Drive Singapore Land Transport Authority Vision
Link to article on ZDNet Asia:
12) BART Moves Spokesman Linton Johnson to New Position
Link to article in The Examiner:
Link to news release from BART:
13) 'Pirate Wi-Fi' on New York City's Subway Not Just for Hooking Up with Hot Strangers
Link to article in Fast Company:
Link to news release from WeMakeCoolSh.it:
14) Public Asks Utah Transit Authority About Budget – Via Twitter
Link to article in The Salt Lake Tribune:
15) Ithaca College Faculty Members Create App that Makes Riding Bus Easier
Link to article in The Ithacan:
Link to further information in 14850:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
16) London 2012: Inside Olympic Transport Command Center
Link to BBC News story:
17) Chennai to Get Integrated Traffic Management System
Link to article in The Hindu:
LA Auto Show – November 18-27 – Los Angeles
Today in Transportation History
1931 **80th anniversary** The Bayonne Bridge, connecting Bayonne, New Jersey and Staten Island, New York, opened.
1966 **45th anniversary** Gemini 12 splashed down in the Atlantic Ocean.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net