Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, November 23, 2011 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Airspace Over New York City's Zuccotti Park was Never Closed
Misreporting and misunderstanding of the press' right-to-fly.
Link to article in the Columbia Journalism Review:
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) Navigation Systems Generate Customer Frustration, J.D. Power Says
Link to article in Automotive News:
Link to news release from J.D. Power and Associates:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
3) Fury as Transport Scotland Releases Heavily Censored Tram Files
Link to article in the Edinburgh Evening News:
4) Telematics and Digital Displays: The Case for Context-Aware Human-Machine Interfaces
Link to article on Telematics Update:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
5) New Phone App Gives Drivers Access to Florida DOT Traffic Cameras
Link to article in The Palm Beach Post:
6) BMW's New Driverless Car Still a Decade Away
Link to article in The Sydney Morning Herald:
Webinar: Car as a Mobile LBS Device - Where is It Headed? – December 1
Today in Transportation History
1911 **100th anniversary** A railroad bridge collapsed in France while a train was passing over. Thirty passengers drowned.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2011 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net