Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, November 1, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
Hard to believe it's been six months since the last fundraiser, but it's time once again for my biannual contribution appeal. Every November and May I turn to the TCN's readers to ask for your support. Remember, support isn't just financial. It can be using my voiceover services or simply telling others about the TCN. Information on how to contribute can be found below. Thank you!
1) Senator Rockefeller Urges Caution in Expanding Airplane Tablet Use
Link to article in The Hill:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/gQU7hz
2) Airlines May Ramp Up Electronic Offerings
Link to article in USA Today:
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
3) Networked Intelligent Bicycles Are Transforming Urban Riding
Link to article on ReadWrite:
4) Portland, Oregon Works to Combat 'Distracted Walking'
Link to article in Governing:
5) Outdated Contact Information Causes Mounting Toll Bills in Washington State
Link to story on KING-TV:
6) Australian Transport Commission, Austroads Partnership to Have Strong Cooperative ITS Focus
Link to article on Australasian Transport News:
7) ITS: Vehicle-to-Vehicle Technologies Expected to Offer Safety Benefits, But a Variety of Deployment Challenges Exist
Link to GAO report:
8) New Rural Transportation Research Center Will be Based at Montana State University
Link to story on KBZK-TV:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/CEt1zz
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
9) Brevard County, Florida Sheriff's Office Reviews Arrest of Man Filming Traffic Stop
Link to article in Florida Today:
10) Media Matters Hits Fox News Coverage of Driving Fees
Link to article in The Hill:
Link to blog post from Media Matters for America: http://goo.gl/YXHJAL
SAFETY / SECURITY
11) NHTSA Hopes to Cut Teen Fatality Rate in Crashes with New Safety Campaign
Link to article in the AASHTO Journal:
12) Wisconsin DOT Testing Reflective Borders Around Traffic Lights
Link to story on WLUK-TV:
13) Success Factors in the Reduction of Highway-Rail Grade Crossing Incidents
Link to article in TR News:
14) California Transit Officials Adopt New Rail Safety Rules Following BART Fatalities
Link to story on KCBS Radio:
15) Tech and Homeless Vets to Improve Berkshire County, Massachusetts Transportation
Link to article in Government Technology:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
16) New York State Police and DOT Open New Communications Center in Capital District
Link to article in Colonie Spotlight:
17) GM Urges Dealers to Set Up Customer Technology Centers
Link to article in The Detroit News:
Checks or money orders may be mailed to:
1 Aberdeen Court
Cranford, NJ USA 07016-2911
You may also donate online with a credit card via PayPal at:
Here's what happens when a rule meets with tomfoolery.
Live Streaming Event: Future Mobility: The Internet of the Automobile – November 12
Today in Transportation History
1918 **95th anniversary** The Malbone Street Wreck took place in Brooklyn. At least 93 people died in the subway crash.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net