Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, November 8, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Five Disturbing Lessons from the FAA's In-Flight Electronics Announcement
Link to blog in Network World:
2) Dashboard Cameras Used to Fight Crime
Link to article in The Star:
3) £250 Million Smart Manchester Motorway Plan Unveiled
Link to article on Construction Enquirer:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) How the TSA Does Social Media Surprisingly Well
Link to blog on Digiday:
5) Feds to Review Rules Around Railroad 'Quiet Zones'
Link to article in The Denver Post:
6) Alaska Railroad is Focus of Six-Part TV Series
Link to article in the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner:
Link to further information: http://america.discovery.com/tv-shows/railroad-alaska
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Los Angeles Police Chief Calls for More Curbside Cameras at Airport
Link to article in the Los Angeles Times:
8) Lewis County, New York Unveils New Public Transportation Website
Link to article in the Observer-Dispatch:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) In Time for Ski Season, Colorado DOT to Debut Live Traffic Cams
Link to article in the Summit Daily:
Intermodal shipping on a small scale.
Content and Apps for Automotive USA – December 11-12 – San Francisco
Today in Transportation History
1933 **80th anniversary** US President Franklin Roosevelt introduced the Civil Works Administration during the Great Depression. The temporary organization focused much of its efforts on transportation infrastructure.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net