Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, November 28, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
HAPPY THANKSGIVING & HAPPY HANUKKAH!
1) Map Combines Airport Delays and Weather so Your Travel Misery Can Have Company
Link to article on Consumerist:
Link to FlightAware MiseryMap: http://flightaware.com/miserymap/
2) There's Finally a Good Way to Detect Birds on Runways Before They Damage Planes
Link to column on Business Insider Australia:
Link to further information on Xsight: http://www.xsightsys.com/fodetect.htm
3) New Zealand HOV Cameras Find Tots Hard to Spot
Link to article in The New Zealand Herald:
4) Erie, Pennsylvania-Area Traffic Cameras Still Aren't Working
Link to article in the Erie Times-News:
5) Tolltrans 2014
Link to magazine:
6) Rhodes Communications Celebrates a Milestone
Link to article in Maritime Reporter & Engineering News:
7) Indonesians Urged to Photograph Traffic Violators
Link to Reuters article:
To get a better appreciation of Jakarta traffic, check the photos on the Jakarta Police TCM's Twitter page: https://twitter.com/TMCPoldaMetro
8) Park this Way: Colleges Find High-Tech Solutions
Link to article in University Business:
9) Freight Railroads Use Facebook, Twitter to Expand Communication Options
Link to article in Progressive Railroading:
10) Telematics Debate Dominates Institute of Car Fleet Management Conference
Link to article in BusinessCar:
11) Google Launches Public Transport Mapping for Ireland
Link to article in The Irish Times:
12) Automotive Big Data, Big Problems – and How to Solve Them
Link to podcast from Telematics Update:
Webcast: Integrated Technology – Connecting Mass Transit Agencies with Data and Visibility Toward Efficiency, Awareness and Safety – December 10
Today in Transportation History
1943 **70th anniversary** President Franklin Roosevelt flew to Tehran, Iran for meetings with British Prime Minister Winston Churchill and Soviet Premier Joseph Stalin to discuss World War II strategy.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net