Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, November 22, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FCC Eyes Lifting Ban on Cell Calls on Planes
Link to article in USA Today:
2) San Francisco Airport Staff Notification System Failed After Asiana Crash
Link to McClatchy News Service article:
3) Dulles Airport's Video System Tells You How Long the Waits Are at TSA Checkpoints
Link to article in The Washington Post:
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
4) Crosswalk Technology: What Price Safety?
Link to story on KVAL-TV:
5) New Los Angeles Parking Site Draws Mixed Reviews
Link to article from McClatchy News Service:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) TriMet Hopes 'Accountability Center' Website Silences Transparency Criticism
Link to article in The Oregonian:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/ewwsFo
Link to site: http://www.trimet.org/about/accountability.htm
7) Social Media Webinar: A Few Thoughts on Value of Online, Mobile Communications
Link to Talking Transportation blog:
8) Ireland Shelving 80 KMH Speed Signs 'For Sending Wrong Message'
Link to article in the Irish Independent:
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) Spotting the Trends in Disaster Tweets
Link to article on Nextgov:
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
10) New York City Taxi Chief Wants E-Hail Apps Approved
Link to article in amNew York:
11) Sydney Trains to Fine Opal Fare Evaders via Mobiles
Link to article on iTnews:
12) Auckland Transport Ticketing System 'a Dog'
Link to article in The New Zealand Herald:
13) APTA Group Reviews BART Worker Safety Rules
Link to article in the Contra Costa Times:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
14) Technology Makes a Difference for Boston Traffic
Link to story on WBZ Radio:
15) Columbus, Ohio Traffic Center Keeps You Moving
Link to story on WBNS-TV:
16) City of Ottawa Stands By Flawed Traffic App
Link to article in the Ottawa Sun:
17) Why We Need Big Data and Connected Cars
Link to blog in EE Times:
Ever have an experience like this with an interactive voice-response system?
- Application Solicitation – University Transportation Center Grants – US DOT
ITS Minnesota December Luncheon – December 4 – St. Paul, Minnesota
Today in Transportation History
1963 **50th anniversary** President John F. Kennedy was assassinated while riding in a motorcade through Dallas, Texas.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net