Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, November 12, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
The leaves have mostly fallen from the trees here in New Jersey (and we even had a few snowflakes this morning) and that not only means it's autumn but that it's time for the TCN's November fundraising effort. Unlike your favorite public radio station you only hear from me twice a year and there's no interruption to your daily news delivery. Scroll down to learn how you can help support the TCN. Don't forget, you can also support the TCN by hiring me to voice a video, your phone message or anything else needing a professional voice. Thank you!
1) Five Airlines Commit for FAA's Data Comm Initiative
Link to article in AIN Air Transport Perspective:
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) Jacket Uses GPS to Point Wearers in the Right Direction
Link to article in the Daily Mail:
3) Draft on Transportation, ITS Master Plan Okayed for Hyderabad Metro Area
Link to article in The New Indian Express:
4) Europort Sets Standards for Maritime Technology
Link to article in MarEx Newsletter:
5) Portland, Oregon's Slowdowns Help Advance Science of Transportation
Link to story on KATU-TV:
6) New Mobile App Helps Drivers Find Alt Fuel, Electric Charging Stations
Link to story on KCET-TV:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/Rtnuw2
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) European Commission Road Safety Newsletter – November 2013
Link to newsletter:
8) Evaluation of the Application of Speed-Limitation Devices and Intelligent Speed-Adaptation Systems to Commercial Vehicles
Link to further information from the European Commission:
9) Telematics Munich 2013: Day One
Link to article on Telematics Update:
10) Ventra Fails Have a New App
Link to article in RedEye:
4) US DOT and HUD Secretaries Unveil New Tool to Provide US Renters and Homeowners with Housing and Transportation Calculator
6) University of Deusto PhD Thesis Presents Innovative Solution for Optimizing Wireless Communications for Vehicles
Checks or money orders may be mailed to:
1 Aberdeen Court
Cranford, NJ USA 07016-2911
You may also donate online with a credit card via PayPal at:
TransComm Webinar: Six Second Messaging – November 20
Today in Transportation History
1928 **85th anniversary** The SS Vestris sank about 200 miles off the Virginia coast killing over 100 people.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net