Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, January 10, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) United Said to Struggle with Computer Switch
Link to Bloomberg article:
2) Israeli Internet Expert Says Iranians Didn't Hack Nation's Aviation System
Link to article on The Times of Israel:
3) In-Flight Voice Calls Could Aid Airlines More than Passengers
Link to article on Nextgov:
4) FAA Publication Focuses on Technology in Flight
Link to article in Flying:
Link to Safety Briefing: http://www.faa.gov/news/safety_briefing/
5) The Map that Saved the London Underground
Link to story on BBC News Magazine:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) In South Florida, an Educational Program Offers Tips for Mature Drivers to 'Fit' Their Cars
Link to article in The Miami Herald:
7) Transportation Agencies Can Find Big Audiences and Opportunities in Winter Emergencies
Link to Talking Transportation blog:
8) Northwest Officials Receive Little Information on Oil-by-Rail Shipments
Link to story on Jefferson Public Radio:
9) A Colorful Guide to the Nation's Biggest Transit Systems
Link to blog in The Washington Post:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Officials Break Ground on High-Tech North Florida Regional Transportation Management Center
Link to story on WJCT Radio:
11) Tech Giants Battle for Car Control
Link to AFP article:
12) Software – the New Battleground for Carmakers
Link to Reuters article:
You've heard the debate about who would win a fight between Superman and Batman, but which is faster, the 1960s Batmobile or the 1980s Batmobile?
Southern District ITE Meeting – March 30-April 2 – Lake Oconee, Georgia
Today in Transportation History
1889 **125th anniversary** The Niagara Suspension Bridge collapsed during a windstorm.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net