Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, January 14, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
Traffic Analytics That Provides Minute-by-Minute Data Visualization, Volume Data and User Delay Costs: New with INRIX Analytics
INRIX Analytics has new features that allow for more granular visualizations of our historical archived data, improved user-friendly access to analytics, and a completely new User Cost of Delay module, including a database of nationwide traffic volume. Join our webinar to learn more and find out how you can participate in the INRIX Analytics Trial Program.
Register for the INRIX Analytics Webinar: January 23, 2014 @ 2:00 pm PST.
1) Articles from Airport Improvement – January/February 2014
- South Carolina Creates Software to Facilitate Airport-Friendly Development
- Self-Boarding Gates Garner Positive Reviews at McCarran International
- Buffalo International Boosts Website Visibility to Push Back Parking Competitors
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) US DOT Opposes Early Start for Navigation Messages on New Civil GPS Signals
Link to article on Inside GNSS:
3) New Maritime Domain Awareness Plan Calls for Cloud Computing and Info Sharing
Link to article on Fierce Homeland Security:
4) Michigan Tech Researches Feasibility of Drone Use in Transportation
Link to article from Michigan Tech:
5) Transport for London Warns of 'Copycat' Congestion Charge Websites
Link to article in The Daily Telegraph:
6) 10 Things I Learned at TransportationCamp
Link to blog from Mobility Lab:
7) Thinking Aloud Live from TRB
Link to podcasts from Thinking Highways:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
8) Colorado to Launch 'Don't Drive Stoned' Ads with US Funding
Link to Reuters article:
9) Cute Tokyo Metro Posters Remind Commuters to Behave
Link to article on CNET:
10) Better Safety Education Campaigns Could Reduce Traffic Fatalities in US
Link to blog on Mobilizing the Region:
11) Oil Industry Might Not be Correctly Labeling Train Tank Cars Carrying Crude, Senators Say
Link to blog in the Dallas Observer:
12) Traffic App Gives Countdown to Green Lights
Link to article in New Scientist:
Link to further information: http://www.imagreendriver.com/
13) Zoute's New Transit App Brings Real-Time Departure Info, Detailed Schedules to Android
Link to article on TechCrunch:
Link to Zoute: http://www.zoute.me/
14) Michigan Driverless Car Test Site Aims to Open by Fall
Link to AP article:
15) Visteon to Buy Johnson Controls Automotive Electronics Business
Link to AP article:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/jwq618
1) Mercedes-Benz Tops ABI Research’s 2014 Advanced Driver Assistance System Competitive Assessment Study
Iowa Bicycle Summit – January 24-25 – Des Moines, Iowa
Today in Transportation History
1914 **100th anniversary** HNTB was founded in Kansas City, Missouri.
1954 **60th anniversary** The Hudson Motor Car Company board of directors formally accepted an offer to merge with Nash-Kelvinator to create what would become American Motors.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net