Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, January 7, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
Last Chance to Submit Research Papers for the 2014 ITS World Congress
There is only ONE week left before the Jan. 15 deadline to submit your scientific or technical paper for the 21st World Congress on Intelligent Transport Systems & ITS America Annual Meeting, to be held Sept. 7-11, 2014 in Detroit, Michigan. If you have undertaken research on an advanced topic in Intelligent Transportation Systems, now is the time to submit your findings.
Approved paper submissions will be presented in Detroit and automatically be considered for publication in one of three noted ITS journals, namely: The Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems, IET Intelligent Transport Systems, or the International Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems.
Learn more about ITS World Congress Program Submissions here, and by visiting www.itsworldcongress.org, or contact ITS America’s Program Coordinator Morgan Ouellette at firstname.lastname@example.org. Join the Conversation at #ITSWC14.
1) FAA on Drone Recordings by Journalists: 'There is No Gray Area'
Link to article on Poynter:
2) Study Claims US Air Traffic Control System 'Falling Behind'
Link to article in Airport World:
Link to article in Air Traffic Control Newsletter:
3) Atlas Air Identifies Causes of 747's Landing at Wrong Airport
Link to article in AINsafety:
4) Airport 2.0: Visioning an Airport Experience that Works for Travelers, Vendors and Airport Owners
Link to article on Tnooz:
GPS / NAVIGATION
5) Automakers Tracking Drivers' GPS Data
Link to UPI article:
Link to GAO report: http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-14-81
6) ITS News & Updates – January 7
Link to update from US DOT's ITS Joint Program Office:
7) Utah DOT Launches Variable Speed Limit System on I-80
Link to article in The Salt Lake Tribune:
8) Consumer Telematics Show 2014: Consumer Electronics to Shape the Connected Car
Link to article on Telematics Update:
9) New Jersey Transit Produces Video Promoting Service to Super Bowl
Link to article in The Record:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Idaho's 511 System Delivers Faster Updates
Link to article in the Post Register:
11) CES: Technology for Cars Revs Up
Link to article in U-T San Diego:
12) Chevrolet, Priceline Create In-Car Hotel Booking
Link to article in USA Today:
Link to news release: http://ir.priceline.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=817184
3) Penetration of Wi-Fi in OEM Embedded Car Infotainment Systems to Reach Almost 60% in North America by 2019
6) Garmin Showcases New Infotainment Technology for Automakers Designed to Minimize Driver Distraction
7) Airbiquity Launches First Wave of Infotainment Content Providers for Choreo Private Cloud Connected Vehicle Services Platform
8) Tesla and AT&T to Enter Exclusive Agreement to Connect Current and Future Models in North America
- Call for Presenters – ITS 3C Summit Conference
- Call for Abstracts – Social Marketing Conference
ITS Pennsylvania Integrated Corridor Management Decision Support System Workshop – January 30 – King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Today in Transportation History
1964 **50th anniversary** Leyland Motors announced the sale of 400 buses and spare parts to Cuba, upsetting the United States.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net