Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, January 30, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) European Air Traffic Controllers Go on Strike Over EU Initiative
Link to story on Deutsche Welle:
2) Introducing Technology at Heart of FAA-General Aviation Industry Safety Talks
Link to article from Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association:
3) Arabian Gulf Airports Look to Adopt Innovative Technology
Link to article on Travel Daily ME:
4) An Inside Look at Manchester Airport Group's Parking Command Center
Link to article on Parking Network:
5) Rail-Safety Effort Stalled by Indian Reviews to Go Faster
Link to Bloomberg article:
6) CSX to Install Warning Devices on New York Rails for Unbalanced, Overweight Trains
Link to article in The Journal News:
7) Call 911 to Report a Pothole? Macomb County, Michigan Exec Says Yes, State Police Say No
Link to article in the Detroit Free Press:
8) Smart Traffic Signals Coming to Little Rock, Arkansas
Link to story on KARK-TV:
9) Should Cities Help Drivers Hit Green Lights All the Time?
Link to article in The Atlantic Cities:
SAFETY / SECURITY
10) Wyoming Among States Eyeing Laws to Ban Google Glass While Driving
Link to Reuters article:
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
11) Judge: New York City Can Use GPS to Track Cabbies
Link to article on Capital:
12) New Jersey Transit Scrambling to Protect Its Logos After Trademarks Lapsed in Error
Link to article in The Record:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
13) Georgia Governor Calls for Review of Government's Response to Epic Traffic Jam
Link to article in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
14) Do Smartphone Traffic Apps Really Work?
Link to article in the Star Tribune:
15) Eyes in Sky and Boots on Ground Keep Bay County, Florida Bridges Open
Link to story on WMBB-TV:
16) Thai City Shares Intelligent Traffic Management Plan
Link to article in Future Gov:
17) EU 'Working on Technology that Would Allow Police to Remotely Disable Cars'
Link to article in ITS International:
18) Is HTML5 the Silver Bullet for Automotive App Development?
Link to article on Telematics Update:
19) Potholes Abound on the Road to Car-to-Car Communication
Link to article on Ars Technica:
- Call for Abstracts – Mid-Continent Transportation Research Symposium
European Motorcyclists' Forum – March 5-6 – Brussels
Today in Transportation History
1959 **55th anniversary** The MS Hans Hedtoft, a Danish liner, sunk off the coast of Greenland after striking an iceberg. All 95 people aboard died.
1964 **50th anniversary** Ranger 6, a spacecraft designed to provide high-resolution photos of the lunar surface, was launched.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net